Over 100 ways to come to Canada.

There are so many programs available through the ten provinces and three territories of Canada. Each province offers an entrepreneurial program, one that addresses in demand professions in the province, and one where there is an opportunity for different employers can select employees they want to help.

However, Saskatchewan is the only province that does not require applicants to have a job offer.

Each province has different requirements for their programs. The Atlantic provinces have the AIP or Atlantic Immigration Program which has more attractive options. Cities that are within this program are Halifax, Nova Scotia; Moncton and Fredericton, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and Labrador.

The Entrepreneurial Program is an option where immigrants may not qualify for some of the other programs. Each province has different financial investment requirements which range anywhere from $150,000 to over a million for cities like Vancouver or Toronto.

Not sure if you qualify for some of the provincial programs? You can go onto each provincial website and determine whether you qualify for not. Or, you can work with us and have us tell you what your best options are and go through the process for you. Contact us today.

Rural Northern Immigration Program

The RNIP or the rural northern immigration program is to attract immigrations to the smaller rural communities. Each northern community that is part of this program has a quota where foreign workers can get nominated based on the job they are performing in the community. It is much easier for the foreign national to get permanent residency under this program than under one of the other provincial or federal programs. If you are interested in this program, see if you qualify or can qualify for one of these communities.

To be eligible for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program, you must meet all IRCC eligibility requirements. You must

  • Have work experience (see below) or have graduated from a publicly funded post-secondary institution in the said rural community
  • Meet or exceed the language requirements
  • Meet or exceed education requirements
  • Prove you have the money to support your transition into the community
  • Intend to live in the community
  • Meet community specific requirements

If you meet all of the requirements, you can look for eligible job in the community

  • Work experience
  • Language requirements
  • Educational requirements
  • Settlement funds
  • Intend to live in the community
  • Community-specific requirements
  • Job Offer

1 year of continuous work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years.

NOTE: To calculate your hours of work experience

  • Count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
    • The hours must be in 1 occupation, but they can be with different employers.
    • The hours must be over a period of at least 12 months.
    • These working hours can be inside or outside Canada.
      • If you worked in Canada, you must have been allowed to work in Canada.
  • Don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • Don’t count hours when you were self-employed

Work experience must include (we can determined this)

  • Most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • The activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC

Applicant is exempt from the work experience if they were an international student who graduated with

  1. A credential from a post-secondary program of 2 years or longer and
    1. were studying as a full-time student for the full duration of the 2+ years
    2. received the credential no more than 18 months before your application for permanent residence
    3. were in the community for at least 16 of the last 24 months spent studying to get their credential
  2. A master’s degree or higher and
    1. were studying as a full-time student for the duration of degree
    2. got degree no more than 18 months before application for permanent residence
    3. were in the community for the length of their studies

You cannot apply as an international student if your credentials are from a program in which

  • Studying English or French made up more than half of the program
  • Distance learning made up more than half of the program
  • A scholarship or fellowship was awarded that requires you to return to your home country to apply what you learned

They must meet the minimum language requirements based on the NOC category that applies to the job offer in the community. This can either be the

  • either French or English

The minimum language requirements for each NOC category are

  • NOC 0 and A: CLB/NCLC 6
  • NOC C and D: CLB/NCLC 4

must have IELTS provided to us from a designated language test. These results must be less than 2 years old when you apply.

They must have

  • a Canadian high school diploma or
  • an ECA report, from a designated organization or professional body, showing that you completed a foreign credential that’s equal to Canadian secondary school (high school)
    • The ECA report must be less than 5 years old on the date of your application.
    • If the ECA report was issued by a designated organization, the original report must have been issued on or after the date the organization was designated.

Same as the federal program.

To participate in the pilot, you must plan to live in the community.

Each community will have additional requirements for applicants.

The pilot will launch in participating communities at different times. Right now Ontario and Manitoba programs are open (sault st marie, thunder bay, Brandon, and Altona

You must have a job offer that is:

  • From an employer that carries on business in the community,
  • Full time and non-seasonal,
  • For an indeterminate period (no end date),
  • At the same skill level, 1 level above or 1 level below the NOC that applies to your work experience.

Note: If your experience is in NOC skill level D, then the job you’re being offered must be in the same occupation.

If regulations are regulated eg.

  • Nurses
  • Engineers
  • Electricians
  • Teachers

You may be asked to:

  • Provide documentation of qualifications
  • Do a language exam (which may differ from those needed for immigration)
  • Complete a technical exam (with accompanying fee)
  • Do supervised work


Before you can apply to immigrate to Canada through the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot, you must first receive a recommendation from the designated Economic Development Organization (EDO) of a participating community. You need to apply directly to the EDO for a recommendation. Each EDO has its own recommendation application procedures. However, IRCC has the authority to make the final decision on an application for permanent residence using existing selection and admissibility criteria. This includes security, criminal, and medical screening for candidates with a recommendation in one of the participating communities .